Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Who is the smart one now!

One of the reasons I fell in love with my Brewer husband was, not for his overabundance of body hair, but the fact the man can fix and/or build, just about anything. Don’t get me wrong I think he is very cute (need to scan his high school graduation picture to show you), but there is something sexy about a man that is handy  however, this handiness is both a blessing and a curse.

 The blessing is the obvious. When the toilet get clogs up because your toddler decides to flush anything they can get down the toilet until of course it does not and your bathroom is flooded and beyond plunger ability and it’s Sunday.      Kevin has saved us thousands with his super handy abilities.

 How could there be a down side you ask? Simple. Now that we have the brewery, three kids, and we both work full time jobs, unless both toilets are clogged getting it unclogged could take up weeks or months.

 Let me tell you about the non-structural columns that we removed from our living room. The previous owners or the builders had put the left over wood floor in the attic and according to super handy man it was an easy simple fix that would not take that long. That was over 10 months ago and I still have two squares of concrete in my living room where hard wood floor should be. I have stubbed my toe and tripped on those two little naked areas more times than I can count. Then I have Kevin telling me that plans on fixing the floor on this day or that day and I keep believing it will one day happen.

 It seems as the brewery business has grown so has Kevin’s list of stuff I need him to do around the house . I have finally come to the conclusion that I just need to become handy in my own right. I am not afraid of power tools, BUT it is common knowledge the majority of people that have accidents with power tools are left handed. I am left handed and trip over a small square of missing floor in my living room. Should I really be using power tools??

 HELL YA. I figure the moment I bust out any power tool this would fall under the emergency category in Kevin’s world.  Did I mention he graduated from high school, college, and graduate school with honors??? AND I JUST OUT SMARTED HIM….and my parents broke out the champagne when I got above a 2.0!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment